This article is about the Transportation in Madhya Pradesh. This article will help students to achieve more marks in various state exams like MPPSC, MP Vyapam, MP Jail Prahari, MP Police, etc. There will be 4-5 questions that could be asked related to Transportation in Madhya Pradesh. There are some related facts that are important for upcoming MP State Exams.Gkdose is a leading notes provider do join us today
Transportation in Madhya Pradesh
Major National Highways
|Number||National Highway||Major Cities of Madhya Pradesh|
|NH-3||Agra-Mumbai||Morena,Gwalior, Guna, Indore|
|NH- 44||Srinagar-Kanyakumari||Morena, Jabalpur, Chhindwara, Datiya|
|NH- 12||Jabalpur- Jaipur||Jabalpur, Bhopal, Narsinghgarh, Rajgarh|
|NH- 25||Shivpuri- Lucknow||Shivpuri, Karera|
|NH- 27||Porbandar-Silchar||Satna, Shivpuri|
|NH- 59||Ahmedabad- Indore||Indore, Dhar, Jhabua|
|NH- 75||Gwalior- Satna- Rewa||Khajuraho, Chhatarpur, Panna, Rewa|
|NH- 76||Chhindwara- Prayagraj||Shivpuri|
|NH- 78||Katni- Gamla||Shahdol, Ambikapur, Jaspur|
|NH- 86||Dewas- Kanpur||Dewas, Bhopal, Chhatarpur, Sagar|
|NH- 92||Bhogaon- Raisen||Sagar, Raisen|
|NH- 927A||Swaroopganj- Ratlam||Ratlam|
|NH- 26A||Sagar-Bina||Jaruakheda, Khurai, Bina|
- There are a total 22 National Highways in Madhya Pradesh, whose total length is 7, 806 kms.
- Longest National highways- Uttar Pradesh, Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra and Karnataka.
- Longest highways (ascending order)- NH-3, NH- 44, NH- 12
- Smallest highways (descending order)- NH- 339B, NH- 927A, NH- 76
- Madhya Pradesh Road Transport Corporation was established in 1950 and closed in 2002.
Major State Highways
- There are 48 State highways in Madhya Pradesh whose total length is 11, 389 kms.
- Longest highways (ascending order)- SH-19, SH- 26, SH- 10
- Smallest highways (descending order)- SH- 39A, SH- 19A, SH- B
- Longest State Highway- Jaitpur (Uttar Pradesh) to Chhindwara (Madhya Pradesh)
- Smallest State Highway- Thandla to Kushalgarh
- The total length of Main District Roads in Madhya Pradesh is 22, 129 kms.
Expressways in Madhya Pradesh
- Narmada Expressway
- 6 lane highway
- Total highway- 1265 kms
- States covered- Chhattisgarh, Madhya Pradesh and Gujarat
- Cities- Anupur, Dindori, Mandla, Jabalpur, Narsinghpur, Hoshangabad, Harda, Khandwa, Badwani and Alirajpur.
- Chambal Expressway
- 6 lane highway
- Total highway- 300 kms
- States covered- Madhya Pradesh and Uttar Pradesh
- Cities- Bhibd, Morena and Sheopur
- First Rail line was started in 1867 from Allahabad (now Prayagraj) to Jabalpur.
- Total length of railway lines in Madhya Pradesh- 6, 100 kms.
- In 1895, Kuno Kumari Express from Gwalior to Shivpuri was flagged off by Madhav Rao Scindhia.
- Narrow Gauge Railway was begun from Satpura in 1904, later it was closed in 2015.
- Asia’s largest Narrow Gauge Railway Station was located in Nainpur (Mandla).
- Western Railway
- Zonal Headquarters- Jabalpur
- It covers Katni, Rewa and Satna district.
- India’s first Private Railway Station- Habibganj (Bhopal)
- India’s longest Railway Bridge- Katni
- In India, Jabalpur is the first Wi-fi enabled station.
- Hazrat- Nizamuddin Express (Bhopal Express) is the country’s first ISO-certified train. The other train is Rewanchal Express.
- State’s Longest Railway Station- Itarsi (Hoshangabad)
- Railway Coach Factory- Bhopal
- Railway Electric Engine Workshop- Bhopal
- Railway Diesel Engine Workshop- Indore and Vidisha
- Rail Coach Factory- Jhabua
- Rail Spring Workshop- Gwalior
- Railway Recruitment Board- Bhopal
- Railway Sleeper Factory- Bankhedi
- The first air service was established in Indore on 26 July, 1948.
- The state has 22 international airports and 33 other airports.
- Major Airports-
- Raja Bhoj International Airport- Bhopal
- Devi Ahilya Bai Holkar International airport- Indore
- Gwalior Rajmata Vijayaraje Scindia Airport- Gwalior
- Chhatrasal Airport- Khajuraho
- Rani durgawati Airport- Jabalpur