Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi (PM-KISAN) is a central sector scheme that guarantees direct income support of Rs 6,000 for Farmers.
- Eligibility – It will be given per year to all landholder farmers‘ families in the country except,
- All Institutional Land
- Farmer families in which one or more of its members belong to following categories,
- Former and present holders of constitutional
- Former and present – Ministers/ State Ministers, M.Ps (Lok sabha& Rajya Sabha), MLAs (SLA & SLC)
- Former and present Mayors of Municipal Corporations, Chairpersons of District
- All serving or retired officers and employees of Central/ State Government Ministries
/Offices/Departments and its field units Central or State PSEs and Attached offices /Autonomous Institutions under Government as well as regular employees of the Local Bodies.
- All superannuated/retired pensioners whose monthly pension is Rs.10,000/-or more (Excluding Multi Tasking Staff / Class IV/Group D employees)
- All Persons who paid Income Tax in last assessment
- Professionals like Doctors, Engineers, Lawyers, Chartered Accountants, and Architects registered with Professional bodies and carrying out profession by undertaking
- The amount will be given in three installments of Rs.2000
- The amount will be transferred directly to the bank account of beneficiaries through Direct Benefit Transfer. DBT will ensure transparency in the entire process and will save time for the
- This is to help them meet farm input and other costs during the crop
- The programme would be made effective retrospectively from December 1, 201
- The changes in land records after February 1, 2019 shall not be considered for this
- State Government and UT Administration will identify the farmer families which are eligible for support as per scheme guidelines.
- Other Features – The cash transfer is not linked to the land size and hence it becomes an income supplement to landowning households.
- It has left the landless tenants out of its